11.10.2008

The New Me

My blog finally received its much-needed face lift! So yes, you are at the correct blog - it just isn't the usual self-made tacky me. Movin' up in the world!

I must say that I've been "moving up" in several other important areas. For example, my pumpkin carving skills reached an entirely new level this Halloween (I'm not responsible for Woody Allen or the pirate ship, but Calvin is all mine). On top of that, I even went clothes shopping last Saturday! Many of you know what a momentous occasion that is for me - I doubled the number of blouses in my closet (it only took three), but failed to find any pants. That's a problem. When I came back to Washington and the weather turned cool, I stole some of Michelle's old jeans to get by, but that's all I've got and winter's coming on. Darn it, India has turned me into the cheapest person alive, but capris don't cut it. Does anyone else feel this kind of angst when it comes to investing in how you look? I will have you know that I now do my hair every day, so at least I've progressed to investing time, if not money, in some part of my appearance.

Next on the list: I should probably graduate from my leather slippers and buy a pair of close-toed shoes. Then again...I remember my brother Matt wearing his felt slippers with rubber soles through his entire senior year of school! That's the spirit - until I have a dress-up job, why spend money on new stuff?

No comments: